Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Changes From Blogger

 This is for the few of my readers who signed up to have just published posts From My Side of the Sling sent to them by Blogger.   You would have signed up by entering  your email in the "Follow by Email" widget currently in the column to the right of the posts.

 Blogger has decided to do away with this widget come July.  They seemingly are not adding anything to take its place.

 I am working on getting the list of people [and their email addresses] who took advantage of this service.  [Blogger has given me a way to retrieve the list.]  My solution is that going forward,  while I will not be able to send you the finished post,  I will be happy to send a group email with a link to the new post, each time I publish. 

 If you check in on the site regularly, you don’t need to do anything.  If you would like to be included, it would help to send me your email address--to felchingpisser@gmail.com.   I will send the link out right after I publish.  The recipients will show in the mass mailing...so you will want to use your sex account email...we all have one, right?

 I really am not happy Blogger has decided to discontinue the notification as I have used this widget myself since the beginning to archive the blog one more place and will miss it. 

5 comments:

  1. The thing that annoyed me a while ago was they took away the check box when making comments so you’d get notified of any replies to it. I have to remember where I comment and check back manually to see if there’s any replies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized that happened...(though I see the notify check box as I type this.)

      I do wonder whether they really are trying to slowly phase it all out...Blog seems rather passe...

      Delete
    2. There is little chance of that!

      Delete
    3. Awesome :) I did a heap of writing some years ago. It’s therapeutic for the mind to do that. Haven’t felt like writing for a long time though

      Delete