Friday, October 8, 2021

Addendum to More Vintage Young Men

My friend and fuck bud, Ashok, in Toronto sent me some clarification about the last image in the previous post. 


This is the original painting of Young Male Nude Sitting beside the Sea.
  It was painted by Hippolyte Flandrin between 1835 and 1836.  This is the image likely most of us know.



The picture I reproduced is the homage to the painting by Wilhelm Von Gloeden, 1900.




And here is one more---because I can....

Thank you, Ashok (or as readers may remember his own chosen moniker, Brown_Spice) !!


4 comments:

  1. Very cool. Was not familiar with the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate readers who know different things than me. I am very glad he wrote.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks--there are a few more from this photographer which will crop up from time to time.

      Delete