Saturday, October 29, 2022

That Extra Sensitive Content Warning

You must have noticed that there was not only the usual warning to get into this blog, but that the last post also asked a second time if you were ok with ‘sensitive content.’  I am not sure why Blogger decided to start doing this or if it will continue.

Wonderland Burlesque, a blog I follow, noted he and two other gay themed blogs, had been targeted.  He thought some reader had reported them.  In my case, Blogger let me know that the warning was added the moment I hit the publish button.  I wrote Blogger but have heard nothing back.

The number of my readers was pretty much the same—so I don’t think they were spooked off by one more ‘sensitive content’ button.  I don’t know if it will continue.  I will be curious if this piece, with absolutely nothing sexual in it, will be flagged.  Was it the pictures?  Or the words?  I would guess there is now a program the looks for certain words as I was informed so fast on publishing.  The next sex post has no pictures, so we shall see tomorrow.

The end of the blog?

I don’t think so.

Annoying?

Yes.

But I would rather click one more button (as I have to if I check in on the blog on my phone) than have it taken down.

If you didn’t click through to the post on the 26th, you should.  It’s a fun one…

 

 

Wonderland Burlesque’s take on it all:

Wonderland Burlesque: The Blogger Police Are At It Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment